Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Camp

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and taking time to have fun. I just returned from five days in Canada where we saw many relatives, ate too much, and talked a lot of hockey. I am really excited about the upcoming camp. We have a great plan on paper for the week and I have been watching past film for more ideas.

I am also looking forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces and getting to know the new players. Building on our success last year will result from developing and improving our team chemistry with our new and returning players. I hope you are all remembering your chosen core values for success: RESPECT, TRUST, LEADERSHIP, DISCIPLINE, PERSEVERANCE, and yes .....PREPARATION.

In terms of preparation it will be important that you are coming into camp in shape. You have had a plan in place for some time now so it will be evident who is working at improving their conditioning and who is faking it. I hope we do not have anyone faking it this year. So remember to bring a good pair of running shoes and a water bottle on Monday night.

'Play Hard and Play Smart' - Coach.